June 1

Good Evening Dear Parents,

with so many things out of normal, starting school back up in June is just another thing to add to the ‘different’ list.

My daughter’s backpack got packed this afternoon and she is so excited to go see her somewhat different grade 5 classroom. I hope you and your child had a chance to watch the video walk through of our classroom on our fb group, just to have an idea of some of our new normals for these last weeks in school.

For returning students, the classroom door will be open from 8:45 on. One parent may walk their kindergartener in (no younger siblings please), or your child may walk in like a first grader. Students do not need to pick up a late slip if they arrive after the bell. Since we won’t use our lockers, the students will bring their coat and backpack with lunch and all right into the classroom. No need to bring a pillow or gym shoes. For pick up at 2:30, our class will be gathered outside our classroom windows on the sidewalk.

Students at home, have a good time starting a new month, June! I’m looking forward to connect with you on Tuesdays on a video call. (I will just email parents individually to set up a time)

See you tomorrow, and thank you for your help in explaining to your child that we can still greet each other with a wave or air hug, instead of a handshake, a hug, or high five.