Since the rest of the school will be dressed for Knight Day on Wednesday Mrs. Larrson and I have decided to ask the Kindergarten boys and girls to wear their knight t shirts with jeans for tomorrow’s field trip. Sorry for the late notice on that one.
Here are a few dates for next month that you may wish to mark down on your calendars:
May 4 – Super Hero Dress Up
May 18 – Grandparents Day (more info to follow)
May 25 – Knight Day
May 30 – Spring Sing (more info to follow)
There’s lots going on this week. Here are some important details to keep in mind:
- You may have heard that our class has some new pets…little baby caterpillars! The children have been asked to think of a good caterpillar name that they can share with the class. We hope to have names assigned to our little friends by the end of the week and look forward to watching them turn into beautiful butterflies!
- I still need a few permission forms for Wednesday’s field trip to Maan farm. We will be taking the bus so there should be room for any parents who wish to ride with us. Please remember the $4 fee for parents, payable at the farm. We will be wearing play clothes. Please also send a jacket and boots along with your child. Some parents have indicated to me that they will be joining us. Thank you! I will be putting you in charge of a group of children. Please let me know in advance if something comes up and you are no longer able to come.
- Our Spelling words for this week are: ran, run, go, do, and did
- We will begin our new memory verse this week: “Unto you, o my strength, will I sing” Pasalm 59:17
- Thursday is picture day. Please send your child in their full dress uniform. That is Peter Pan blouse for girls with tunic and cardigan and button down Oxford shirt for boys with long pants and cardigan.
- When your child finishes their home reading sheet for April please send it back to school for a prize!
- I am sending home a few overdue notices from the library. If you need any clarification please talk to Mrs. Britz. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.