Field trip Details

Pumpkin Patch

Our class is getting very excited for our first bus ride and field trip next Wednesday!  I am also happy to say that everyone has returned their permission forms.  Yay!  I am hoping to have some parent helpers for this trip.  I hope the criminal records check hasn’t scared you away!  Even if you haven’t yet gotten this done it’s not to late.  Just pick up the form from the office and fill it out.  As long as it’s in process it will be fine for this first outing.  Would you then email me at dmorris@highroadacademy.com to let me know?  I would love to put a few parents in charge of a small group of children.  Thanks!

We will be going rain or shine so please dress your child for the weather.  Rubber boots are always a good idea since farms tend to be muddy places!  Also, please send along two plastic shopping bags labelled with your child’s name for bringing home their pumpkin.  Thanks!

To get us ready for travelling on the school bus Mr. Louben, one of our bus drivers, came to talk to us last week about bus safety.  We learned about sitting quietly and facing the front while travelling on the bus.  Your child might be able to tell you more safety rules about busses.  Here are a few photos of our time with Mr. Louben: